As the winter approaches and temperatures take a plunge, we all wish we could come home to a comfortable, acceptable environment. A standard heating system heats up the air and is not the most efficient option out there. This is why radiant floor heaters have become famous.
Best Boiler for Radiant Floor Heat
Radiant floor heaters are again of two types: electric and water-based. The electric system is expensive in the long run because it needs a lot of electricity while the water-based system is expensive in the beginning due to the setup requirements. However, in the long run, you will find that water-based floor heaters are easy on the pocket. Now, these require a boiler for the water to heat up efficiently and run through pipes underground. You need to buy the perfect boiler so that you enjoy a great day at home while it is bone-chilling outside.
So, before the winter casts its spell, let’s quickly look at the best boiler for radiant floor heat. We have not just tried them all but have also gone through multiple user reviews so that your search time is cut short. Let’s begin:
1. Rinnai RUCS75iN Tankless Water Heaters for Radiant Floor Heat
Designed for residential purposes only, the Rinnai Tankless Water Heaters promise to give you hot water endlessly. They are well-built, strong, and do exactly what they are meant to for a long period of time. Here’s why you must check it out:
- It promises super high efficiency despite functioning without a tank.
- The flow rate can reach up to 7.5 GPM. This number can vary depending on the initial temperature of the groundwater.
- It is a future-first heater with a mobile app to control it! You can set schedules or timers based on your daily requirements. Moreover, you can move it to Vacation Mode when you are away for a few days. How cool is that?
- You can use propane or natural gas to get it going.
- It is one of our top choices because it is super functional and remote-controlled. It makes life easy!
- The heat exchanger has an incredible warranty of 120 months while the parts have a 60-month warranty.
2. Takagi T-H3S-DV-P Condensing High Efficiency Propane Indoor Tankless Water Heater
The Takagi indoor tankless water heater is an efficient choice because it comes with multiple features without weighing you down. If you have a large home or a small business, this boiler will suit your needs perfectly. Here is more information:
- It has a compact, highly-optimized design.
- It allows on-demand usage with computerized controls.
- It comes with a power cord.
- It works on propane.
- It saves space as well as energy, making it a great model for overall savings.
- It does not have a multi-unit controller.
- You can expect a maximum flow rate of 8.4 GPM, which is simply brilliant.
- It may be more expensive than smaller residential boilers, but it is well worth the price tag.
3. Rinnai RUC98iN Ultra Series Natural Gas Tankless Water Heater
Did you know that Rinnai is one of the leaders in water boilers? That’s why we have not one but two of its models in our top 5. The Rinnai Ultra Series water heater is an extremely popular model with a number of unmissable features. We shall look through a few of them now:
- This is an imported heater with a PVC venting option.
- It is perfect for small homes because it is compactly designed to fit in tighter spaces. You can install it at home with ease.
- The energy factor can reach 0.96.
- It offers 199,000 max BTU.
- The boiler promises ultra-low NOx emissions. This means that it is environment-friendly as well.
- It works on natural gas and propane.
4. Stiebel Eltron 29 Plus Tempra Tankless Water Heater for Radiant Floor Heat
Here’s something that will work according to your convenience and requirements! The Stiebel Eltron 29 Plus Tempra water heater is an on-demand boiler that promises a continuous supply of water without any hindrances. It is highly efficient and popular among users, which is why it is an Amazon’s Choice product at the moment. We shall now dig deeper to learn what it offers:
- It works on electricity. That is why it needs either a 240 or 208-volt electric service. This may lengthen your electricity bills every month, which is why we advise that you weigh your options and choose if this seems like the most profitable choice.
- It has a sleek design, which ensures that it does not occupy a lot of space at home.
- You need to have 3 separate amp breakers and at least 200-amp total service to your home for this heater to function appropriately.
- It can help you save 15-20% energy, but this can go higher depending on your usage habits.
- It does not need a vent because it works on electricity.
5. Takagi T-H3-DV-N Condensing High Efficiency Natural Gas Indoor Water Heater
We are going to end our list strongly with yet another Amazon’s Choice item from none other than Takagi! This high-efficiency indoor water heater has a hoard of features that you will appreciate. Here’s a closer look:
- It is small and compact. It can save a lot of space at home.
- It has computerized features for safety. This means that along with efficiency, it also lets you breathe without fear of any accidents.
- It doesn’t have any pilot light.
- You can use PVC piping for installation.
You can pick any of these excellent boilers for radiant floor heat and enjoy a comfortable winter regardless of what’s happening outside. Isn’t that awesome?
Of course, you may be worried about the initial costs, but there are affordable options too like we discussed in this list. Also, it is only a one-time investment for a lifetime of happiness. Go on, make your purchase now!