Refrigeration problems? You probably need a new HVAC vacuum pump.
A poor vacuum pump will collapse within a short period of time and cause a lot of hassle. Plus, replacing it frequently is a pain. This is why, for your refrigeration system, you must choose the best HVAC vacuum pump. This will eliminate the problems you are facing and will also let you forget about it for a long time.
However, the biggest step is to select the right pump. Is it all about the price? Absolutely not! While looking for affordable options is a good idea, it isn’t wise to cheap out. You will end up with a bad one and will be forced to start from scratch again.
Best HVAC Vacuum Pump
Yes, yes, we understand that finding good options is always a challenge. That is why we have the solution! Read ahead to go through our list of the best HVAC vacuum pumps the market has to offer in 2020. By the end of this article, you will know exactly which one to choose!
1. Robinair VacuMaster Economy Vacuum Pump
This best-seller from Robinair has a 2-stage rotary vane design with multiple attractive features. It is one of the most trusted products out there and must definitely be your best choice. Let’s learn more about it now:
- It has been designed for refrigeration and air conditioner servicing.
- Its oil capacity is around 7.5 ounces.
- It has non-skid feet.
- It has an inlet fitting that ensures maximum airflow. It also prevents backflow at the same time.
- Its finned aluminum surfaces make sure that the pump stays cool as they dissipate heat fast.
- Its angled drain valve helps speed up the process of draining.
- The manufacturer offers over-the-counter replacement warranty so that you go through no hassles in case you aren’t satisfied with the product.
2. Kozyvacu Single-Stage HVAC Vacuum Pump
If you are looking for more affordable yet highly reliable options, we recommend Kozyvacu. It is also a best-seller and has many raving reviews. In fact, even Amazon vouches for it! Below are its main features for your reference:
- It is made with lightweight cast aluminum, which ensures durability.
- It has a direct drive motor thanks to which you don’t really have to worry about maintenance. The motor also enables the pump to start with ease.
- You can always keep a check on the oil level and quality through the oil viewing window.
- The oil drain valve is positioned at the bottom for complete and quick draining.
- You can access the filling port from the front or from the sides.
- It is thermally protected because it has a high-strength cooling fan.
- Besides being an HVAC vacuum pump, it has many other applications such as automatic miking, wine degassing, and auto AC tools.
- It has a non-slip cushion handle.
- The pump comes with a user manual and a white oil bottle full of oil to get you started.
When you talk about customer satisfaction and efficiency, you cannot leave Yellow Jacket out. It is a top vacuum pump with numerous features that make it long-lasting and reliable. Here’s a peek at these features:
- It is a deep vacuum, which pulls to at least 25 microns.
- It has a durable aluminum housing and is quite lightweight.
- It is a single-phase and two-stage vacuum cleaner.
- The motor has a thermal protector for safe operation even over a long period of time.
- It may be slightly on the expensive end, but users swear that the Yellow Jacket vacuum pump is worth every penny.
Here’s another masterpiece from Robinair. Unlike the one we already spoke about, this is a single-stage vacuum pump with extraordinary features that we shall discuss now:
- Its oil capacity is 8.5 ounces.
- It has anti-skid features.
- It offers 3 CFM free air displacement and can go up to 75 microns.
- It prevents backflow and ensures maximum airflow through the inlet.
- It is also capable of staying cool, thanks to its aluminum surface. It can run for a long time without heating up.
- It has an angled drain valve for fast draining.
- The filling port is very easily accessible.
Here’s a perfect vacuum pump for those who engage in DIY projects for refrigeration and ACs. The VIVOHOME vacuum pump is made for the hobbyist and is very simple to use. Let’s take a look at its features:
- It has an ergonomic grip for easy handling.
- The pump features an oil window and a fill port. You can keep an eye on the oil through the window as the pump runs.
- The pump has a wide range of applications, including HVAC, AC, refrigeration, and industrial purposes.
- The manufacturers send a 500 ml bottle of vacuum oil along with the pump so that you get started immediately.
- It offers free air displacement of 5 CFM.
There you are! This is our list of the best HVAC vacuum pumps in 2020. Our favorites are definitely Robinair and Yellow Jacket. Which one are you going to pick? We would love to find out. So, don’t forget to leave a comment!